Christian Student Fellowship featured on national TV

Kentucky students at CSF dance in celebration after Kentucky defeated Louisville 74-69 in Lexington, Ky., on Friday, March 28, 2014. Photo by Adam Pennavaria

The basketball viewing party at the Christian Student Fellowship Saturday night received national attention when ESPN aired a clip of students jumping out of their seats when UK beat Wisconsin.

But ESPN is not the end of CSF’s national recognition.

On Monday, CBS will be at the viewing  party, showing UK students react to the game to the nation.

About 420 people watched the game at CSF on Saturday, and Keith McMunn, who organized the parties, said he expects that number to grow.

“I think it really does help the team and the coach to know that people are going absolutely nuts back home,” McMunn said. “Our ultimate hope is that people will know that CSF is a place where they can come and have fun … and enjoy the game.”

The number of students watching basketball at the CSF building, on the corner of Woodland and Columbia avenues near the W.T. Young Library, has risen with each game.

McMunn said about 276 people came to the game against Louisville and about 300 for the Michigan game.

CSF has three large projector screens and three TVs for watching the games.

“If Aaron Harrison drops another 3-pointer, there’s a good chance that (CBS will) throw on our reaction video,” McMunn said. “We’ll see what the outcome of the game is, that’s what matters most.”

STAFF REPORT