Kentucky offensive lineman Jeremy Flax signs with Minnesota Vikings

Kentucky Wildcats offensive lineman Jeremy Flax (77) puts up a peace sign while running back Chris Rodriguez Jr. (24) breaks for a touchdown during the University of Kentucky vs. University of South Carolina football game on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2020, at Kroger Field in Lexington, Kentucky. UK won 41-18. Photo by Michael Clubb | Staff

Kentucky offensive lineman Jeremey Flax signed with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent following the 2024 NFL Draft on Saturday.

The senior from Detroit, Michigan, played in 36 games and started 24 games during his three full seasons at UK.

Flax saw his first collegiate action and also appeared in one other game during his sophomore redshirt season.

In his official sophomore season in 2021, Flax played in 11 of the team’s 13 games.

Flax moved into a starting role in his junior season in 2022 as he started in all 12 of the games he played in for the Wildcats. His first collegiate start came against Miami (OH) where he solidified his starting role.

In his most recent and final season at UK in 2023, Flax started in all 11 games that he played.

Flax was named Outland Trophy National Player of the Week and SEC Offensive Lineman of the Week after his performance in the Wildcats’ win over Florida.

The right tackle graded at 87% with five knockdown blocks, did not allow any quarterback sacks or pressures and had zero missed assignments or penalties as the Big Blue Wall propelled the Wildcats to a 329-yard day on the ground.

Flax finished with a 60 total score at the NFL Combine, which ranked 28th among offensive tackles. According to NFL.com, Flax has a 5.68 prospect grade, which evaluates as a candidate for the bottom of the roster or practice squad.

With his Wildcats career at UK now finished, Flax will look ahead to the Vikings where he will join 2024 Draft picks such as Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy and Alabama kicker Will Reichard.