Brandi Frisby named associate provost for academic affairs

Acting dean and professor Brandi N. Frisby of the College of Communication and Information will serve as the new associate provost for academic affairs, according to an email sent out by Provost Robert S. DiPaola on April 10. 

Frisby will start her new role effective May 13 after holding the position of acting dean of the College of Communication and Information (CI) since the beginning of October 2023.

“Dr. Frisby has been a senior administrator in CI since 2020, serving as senior associate dean, associate dean for student success and acting dean,” DiPaola said. “During Dr. Frisby’s tenure in CI, the college saw growth in total student enrollment, increased student retention and innovative program development and delivery.”

According to the email, Frisby has been a key member of the CI faculty in helping to promote career readiness for UK graduates along with leading faculty and students in research. 

Her experience building partnerships will be an asset as we work across campus to harness transdisciplinary curricular opportunities,” DiPaola said. “With her help, we will continue positioning UK as a leader in teaching, research and service across the state, nation and world.”

Frisby is eager to enter this role and continue to lead and work with CI students, according to the email.