‘Team 50’ ends historic season in NCAA Tournament Regionals

Brady Saylor
Jillian Procasky, Annie Riegert, and Makenzie Wilson watch their teammates perform during the No. 6 Kentucky vs No 5. Florida gymnastics meet on Sunday, March 3, 2024 at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky lost 198.100-198.225.

“Team 50” ended its historic season in the NCAA Regional Finals in Fayetteville, Arkansas, over the weekend.

The team advanced to the NCAA Regional Final following a 197.100 semifinal in Fayetteville in which the Cats advanced from the four-team region to the final showdown.

Alongside No. 7 Kentucky, No.15 Minnesota (197.400) closed out its season while, from the SEC, No. 2 LSU (198.250) and No.10 Arkansas (197.825) advanced to the national competition finishing in the top two.

The first rotation for the Cats was the bars where Hailey Davis opened and Raena Worley closed the rotation, each scoring a 9.900.

Freshman Delaynee Rodriguez and Junior Jillian Procasky both earned a 9.875. Bailey Bunn and Cecily Rizo both received a 9.850 each from the judges.

The Cats finished the bars with a 49.400, the second- best overall score of the night.

The next rotation was the balance beam, where the Cats tallied a total of 49.325 for the event.

Leadoff Rodriguez scored a 9.875, while Creslyn Brose set a new career best, receiving a 9.925 from the judges.

Brose tied for third place overall with LSU’s Haleigh Bryant, Arkansas’ Sirena Linton and Minnesota’s Ella Sirjord.

Bunn scored a 9.825 followed by fifth-year senior Arianna Patterson’s 9.900. Worley and “Beam Queen” Isabella Magnelli each scored a 9.800.

Floor was up next, which was the Cats’ best event score of the evening, tallying a total of 49.475.

Worley was the top scorer for the Cats with a 9.950. She tied for the event win with LSU’s Aleah Finnegan and Minnesota’s Mya Hooten, which brought Worley to her 28th individual win.

Davis and Brose both scored 9.850 and Makenzie Wilson received a 9.800 from the judges.

The Cats finished the night on vault. Magnelli tied for fourth place overall with LSU’s Kiya Johnson and Minnesota’s Sarah Moraw, scoring a 9.900.

Worley earned a 9.875 while Wilson and Patterson both received a 9.850 from the judges. Rizo scored a 9.800 and leadoff Procasky received a 9.700.

The final score for the event was a 49.275 for the Cats.

Team 50’s season may be over, but the Wildcats still await a list of individual qualifiers who will compete and represent the program at the NCAA National Championships in Fort Worth, Texas from April 18-20.