Kentucky STUNT boasts strong showing at Dallas Baptist Tournament

Brady Saylor
Jocelyn Zerr (#19) and Chloe Lynch (#17) compete during the Kentucky vs. Alma STUNT game on Saturday, February 3, 2024, at the Clive M. Beck Center in Lexington, Kentucky. Alma won 17-13. Photo by Brady Saylor | Staff

Kentucky STUNT had a strong showing in the Dallas Baptist Tournament over the weekend, finishing the event 3-1.

The team won its opening game against Texas 21-4, winning all four points in partner stunts and dominating the beginning of the tournament. 

Winning both the first and second quarters, the Cats went undefeated in partner stunts, tosses and pyramids to go into half with an 8-0 lead.

In the third quarter, Kentucky continued to dominate Texas by taking all four points in jumps and tumbling.

Going into the final quarter, the team routine, Kentucky held a lead against Texas 9-4 to provide the final score of 21-4.

Following Texas, Kentucky STUNT faced off against Oklahoma Baptist, gaining its first defeat of the weekend 16-12.

Oklahoma Baptist got off to an early advance in the partner stunts, ending the first quarter with a 4-1 lead against the Cats.

In the second quarter, tosses and pyramids, Kentucky and OBU alternated points. Kentucky won the first point before OBU won the second and the same was true for points three and four. The Bison took a 6-3 lead at the half.

Maci Jo Power is hoisted up by her teammates during the Kentucky vs. Alma STUNT game on Saturday, February 3, 2024, at the Clive M. Beck Center in Lexington, Kentucky. Alma won 17-13. Photo by Brady Saylor | Staff (Brady Saylor)

OBU continued its lead in the third quarter, jumping and tumbling, by earning three points to two for Kentucky. OBU led 9-5 with one quarter remaining.

In the final period, OBU scored two points, continuing its lead. The Cats gained a couple points with the third routine, but fell to a loss at the end of the match.

Kicking off day two of the Dallas Baptist Tournament, Kentucky STUNT faced off against Oklahoma State for another victory, 20-8.

Beginning the game, Kentucky won the first quarter with a 3-2 lead and held its advance in the second quarter, maintaining its leading points and winning the quarter 6-4.

After half Kentucky came out looking strong with jumps and tumbling, with the scores alternating between the teams.

Starting the final quarter the Cats won the game with team routines, scoring six points off the bat for a 14-7 lead before earning six more points and taking the game 20-8.

Kentucky STUNT ended the Dallas Baptist Tournament with another victory against Central Arkansas, 23-0.

In the first quarter Kentucky won all four points in partner stunts, gaining the lead early.

Then, in the second quarter, Kentucky maintained that lead, scoring three more points for a undefeated 7-0 half.

After half the Cats continued to go undefeated and earned all points in jumps and tumbling, going into the fourth 11-0.

In the fourth quarter, team routines, Kentucky continued to go undefeated, winning all 12 points to none for the Bears to win against Central Arkansas 23-0.

The tournament saw Kentucky improve to 4-2 on the season. The Cats will return next weekend in Davenport, Michigan, with three matches in the Davenport Tournament.