No. 6 Kentucky gymnastics falls on senior night

Brady Saylor
Raena Worley winks after completing her bars routine during the No. 6 Kentucky vs No 5. Florida gymnastics meet on Sunday, March 3, 2024 at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky lost 198.100-198.225.

No. 6 Kentucky Gymnastics (7-4, 4-3 SEC) suffered a close loss to No. 5 Florida (11-1, 6-1 SEC) 198.225-198.100.

With seven seniors being honored for senior night, Teagan Garrison (team manager), Bailey Bunn, Carissa Clay, Hailey Davis, Isabella Magnelli, Arianna Patterson, and Raena Worley were all acknowledged along with their family escorts.

The Cats started the first rotation strong on the vault, with Wilson tallying her second perfect score of the season and her seventh individual win on the event.

Trailing right behind Wilson was Patterson’s score of 9.925 as she tied her season best on the event for the fourth time this year. Magnelli struck a strong landing to tally a 9.900 while Cecily Rizo (9.850) and Delaynee Rodriguez (9.825) followed closely behind her. Worley concluded the event for herself, tallying a 9.775. Kentucky won the first rotation, concluding it with a score of 49.500.

For the second rotation, Kentucky flipped over to the uneven bars, where Worley tallied a 9.950, giving her second place overall for the event.

Going down the Kentucky leaderboard, Jillian Procasky received a 9.925, setting her new season best as well as breaking her career record. Adding to the record breaking pattern, Rizo also set her career best record of 9.875 along with fellow freshman Rodriguez.

Leading off the event for the Cats, Davis earned a 9.825 and Bunn tallied a strong 9.800. The Wildcats trailed close behind Florida for the second rotation with a score of 49.500-49.450.

As “Team 50” moved along to the third rotation of Senior Night, beam queen Magnelli led the Cats with a 9.950 for the second time this season.

Trailing close behind Magnelli, Worley executed a beautiful beam routine, tallying a 9.925. Bunn and Rodriguez kept the score strong, each receiving a 9.875, while Creslyn Brose anchored a 9.775. Patterson suffered a fall to then tally a 9.100, but got back on the beam to finish her routine with confidence. Florida took the win on rotation three with a final score of 49.725-49.400.

To officially close out the home meet schedule for the season, Kentucky concluded on the floor, posting its best score.

Worley earned her third ever perfect 10 to win the floor event for the 24th time in her gymnastics career. Close behind, Brose tallied a 9.975 to tie her career and season best. Wilson, Davis and Magnelli all earned the same deserving score of 9.925. Rodriguez, with the leadoff for the event, received a 9.875.

Kentucky Gymnastics will return to the floor on Friday, March 8, on the road at North Carolina.