Men’s soccer hosts Detroit

Arpan Dixit

Winning three of its last four, the UK men’s soccer team is poised for another solid outing against University of Detroit 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Bell. The Cats will look to put away the Titans and focus on the remaining two games left on its schedule before conference play begins.

UK

10-3-2

Ranking: N/A

Goals scored: 24

Goals allowed: 10

Average shots/game: 11.3

Average shots on goal/game: 4.4

Player to watch: Sam Miller

The junior forward scored his second goal of the season in a win against the UAB Blazers on Wednesday. Wilson has a total of three points now on the season and is looking to use this game as a confidence booster. Miller’s goal was set up by none other than Napo Matsoso, who has made a living torching defenses and setting up his teammates for scores. If Miller enters the game, look for him to use last game as a stepping stone to finish the season on a high note.

Preview:

After a season-high five-game winning streak came to a end against Ohio State earlier this month, the Cats have managed to win two out of the last three, with one tie. Wins over Old Dominion and South Carolina have boosted the Cats’ confidence with three games remaining on the season. UK will be facing a struggling Detroit team that has not managed to win the close ones this year. Look for the Cats to attack aggressively early and put away a Detroit team that is searching for its seventh win of the season.

DETROIT

6-3-8

Ranking: N/A

Goals scored: 18

Goals allowed: 17

Average shots/game: 12.2

Average shots on goal/game: 5.6

Player to watch: Tyler Moorman

The junior midfielder leads the team in goals this season and is second in points with eight. Moorman has taken 34 shots this season, keeping opponents on their toes. Moorman was named to the Radisson Invitational All-Tournament Team so the potential for star-play is there. UK should focus on Moorman throughout the game and limit him from his favorite parts of the field.

Preview:

Although the Titans have tied a total of eight times this season, they have managed to win their last two against Milwaukee and IPFW. Five straight ties came during the months of late September and early October, making it a frustrating time for the Titans in 2015. After winning two in a row, confidence should be at the all-time high coming into Lexington. The team must defend as hard as they have all season to get another clean sheet.