LIVE UPDATE – No. 1 UK takes on 16-seed Hampton in Round of 64

The Kentucky Wildcats huddle during a open practice prior to the game against the Hampton Pirates at KFC Yum! Center on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Louisville , Ky. Kentucky, the overall number 1 seed, opens its NCAA tournament Thursday at approx. 9:40 EST. Photo by Michael Reaves

UK wins 79-56 over Hampton to win their first game of the NCAA Tournament. Cats will face Cincinnati on Saturday.

At the final media timeout, its the Cats with the 73-49 lead over the Pirates. Meanwhile, Hampton’s Chievous has a game-high 22 points. He’s the only player on his team with double-digit points.

Towns, Lyles and Andrew Harrison all have double-figure points. Towns leads all with 19. UK all over Hampton 69-37 with 7:43 to play.

Hampton is 11-45 from the floor and trail the Cats 65-32 with 10:45 to go.

UK leads Hampton 54-24 with 15:45 to go.

UK stretches its lead out to 25 three minutes into the second half. Towns is three rebounds away from a double-double.

Cats head into the half leading the Pirates 41-22. UK has 22 points in the paint.

With 3:50 to go in the half, UK leads Hampton 30-14. Towns leading the Cats with 10 points five rebounds.

Cats up on Hampton 20-14 with 7:28 to go in the half. Towns leads all scorers with six points, all of them hook shots.

Under 12 minutes to go in the first half, UK leads 18-11 over the Pirates. Cauley-Stein has seven rebounds, four points (all free throws).

Cats lead 7-6 over Hampton. Trey Lyles has four points, including an explosive dunk earlier.

In comes the second platoon for UK. Cats lead 5-4 four minutes in.

Undefeated UK (34-0) takes on 16-seed Hampton (17-17) in the Round of 64. The Cats’ pursuit for perfection begins today.

UK starters: Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Karl-Anthony Towns, Willie Cauley-Stein and Trey Lyles.

Hampton starters: Quinton Chievous, Deron Powers, Brian Darden, Jervon Pressley and Reginald Johnson.

Staff Report