Kentucky baseball jumps to No. 4 in D1Baseball Week 13 Top 25

Isaiah Pinto
Kentucky head coach Nick Mingione watches on during the Kentucky vs Louisville baseball game on Tuesday, April 16, 2024, at Jim Patterson Stadium in Louisville, Kentucky. Kentucky won 17-13. Photo by Isaiah Pinto | Staff

Kentucky baseball (35-10 18-6 SEC) moved up four spots to No. 4 in the D1Baseball week 13 Top 25 rankings.

The rise in the rankings came after the Wildcats took two-out-of-three at home against Arkansas.

Kentucky infielder Emilien Pitre up to bat during the Kentucky vs Tennessee baseball game on Saturday, April 20, 2024 at Kentucky Proud Park in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky lost 9-4. Photo by Sydney Yonker | Staff (Sydney Yonker)

With Vanderbilt and Alabama dropping out of the rankings, Kentucky can be found amongst seven SEC teams in the rankings.

Moving up two spots to No. 1 was Tennessee, which finished the week 2-2. The Vols dropped their midweek game at home against Lipscomb before hitting the road for a weekend series against Florida where they won games one and three for the series win.

Coming in at No. 3 was Texas A&M, which dropped two spots after finishing 2-2 on the week. The Aggies defeated Tarleton State in their midweek before heading to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, for a weekend series with LSU in which the Tigers took the first two games and the series before the Aggies salvaged the series finale.

Behind the Wildcats at No. 5 is Arkansas, which moved down three spots after a 3-2 week that began with two midweek wins over Missouri State before heading to Lexington for a weekend series with the Bat Cats. The Razorbacks took the first game, but dropped the remaining two and the series.

The next conference representation came in at No. 13 with South Carolina, which moved up two spots after a 3-1 week. The Gamecocks defeated East Tennessee State at home before heading to Columbia, Missouri, for a weekend series with Missouri in which the Gamecocks won the series despite dropping game two.

Right behind South Carolina at No. 14 was Mississippi State, which moved up two spots after a 3-1 week. The Bulldogs defeated Ole Miss at home in a midweek matchup before hosting Alabama for a weekend series in which the Bulldogs took the first two games and the series, but dropped the series finale.

Rounding out the SEC at No. 15 was Georgia, which moved up four spots after a 4-0 week. The Bulldogs defeated Kennesaw State in a midweek matchup before welcoming Vanderbilt into Athens for a weekend series that saw the Bulldogs sweep the Commodores.

Along with Vanderbilt and Alabama, Utah also dropped out of the rankings. The trio was replaced by Troy, Oregon and UC Santa Barbara. 

A full list of the rankings can be found below:

1. Tennessee Volunteers (39-9) 
  2. Clemson Tigers (36-10) 
  3. Texas A&M Aggies (40-8) 
  4. Kentucky Wildcats (35-10) 
  5. Arkansas Razorbacks (40-9) 
  6. East Carolina Pirates (37-9) 
  7. Oregon State Beavers (35-12) 
  8. Florida State Seminoles (35-10)
  9. Duke Blue Devils (32-14) 
  10. Virginia Cavaliers (35-12) 
  11. North Carolina Tar Heels (35-11) 
  12. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (32-16) 
  13. South Carolina Gamecocks (32-15) 
  14. Mississippi State Bulldogs (32-16) 
  15. Georgia Bulldogs (35-12) 
  16. UC Irvine Anteaters (34-10) 
  17. Arizona Wildcats (29-17) 
  18. Oklahoma Sooners (29-17) 
  19. Oklahoma State Cowboys (32-16) 
  20.  Indiana State Sycamores (34-10) 
  21. Troy Trojans (34-15) 
  22. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (34-15) 
  23. NC State Wolfpack (26-18) 
  24. Oregon Ducks (32-15) 
  25. UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (31-12)