Kentucky baseball unveils 2024 SEC schedule

Jack Weaver
Kentucky Wildcats head coach Nick Mingione talks to reporters after the No. 18 Kentucky vs. Western Kentucky baseball game on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at Nick Denes Field in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Kentucky won 10-8. Photo by Jack Weaver | Staff

The Southeastern Conference (SEC) announced its schedule for the 2024 baseball season, revealing that Kentucky will have five home series and five on the road.

The 2024 season for Kentucky will be the eighth under head coach Nick Mingione, who has led the Wildcats to 216 victories.

The Cats will start off their conference slate by hosting division rival Georgia at Kentucky Proud Park from March 15-17.

After the opening conference series, UK will travel to Columbia, Missouri, to face off against the Missouri Tigers from March 22-24.

The Cats will remain on the road the following weekend to play 2022 national champions Ole Miss in Oxford from March 29-31.

The Wildcats will return to Lexington to compete against Alabama from April 5-7 and, halfway through SEC play, the Cats will go back on the road to face Auburn from April 12-14.

The Tennessee Volunteers will then travel to Lexington from April 19-21 before Kentucky heads to South Carolina from April 26-28.

The Cats will then host Arkansas from May 3-5 before making the journey to their last away series of the season at Florida from May 10-12.

Finally, Kentucky will close out its season by playing at home against the typically strong Vanderbilt.

The SEC Tournament will then run from May 21-26 in Hoover, Alabama.

The non-conference schedule will be announced closer to the start of the season.