UK Transportation opens ticket sales for holiday shuttle service

The parking lots were full of cars and tailgaters prior to the game against South Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 29, 2018, in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky defeated South Carolina 24 to 10. Photo by Jordan Prather | Staff

UK Transportation announced in a press release Monday that ticket sales are now open for charter bus services that will operate over the Thanksgiving and winter academic breaks.

UK’s BreakShuttle, previously called “Ride Home Express”, provides charter services for students, faculty and staff from campus to their holiday destinations.

RELATED: UK Transportation to offer holiday airport shuttle service

The program has three routes: The Atlanta Route, the Chicago Route and the Cleveland Route with drop-off locations in Knoxville, TN; Chattanooga, TN; Kennesaw, GA; Indianapolis, IN; Lafayette, IN; Merrillville, IN; Naperville, IL; Dayton, OH; Columbus, OH; Mansfield, OH; and Medina, OH. 

BreakShuttle buses will leave from Kroger Field at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 20, and return to campus on Sunday, Nov. 25 for the Thanksgiving break. For the winter break, buses will leave campus on Dec. 14, and return on Jan. 6, 2019. Spring break buses are scheduled to leave on March 8 and return on March 17, 2019. 

If, on the days designated for pickup, students cannot get to Kroger Field on their own, Transportation Services will have a free campus shuttle service Monday, Nov. 19, through Wednesday, Nov. 21, at designated pickup spots around campus such as Martin Luther King Boulevard, W.T. Young Library, Woodland Ave and two locations on Sports Center Drive. Students must register for this service. 

Tickets can be purchased through the BreakShuttle website and range from $89 to $99.