UK to increase housing and dining rates for 2024-25

The Board of Trustees announced the 2024-25 housing and dining rates during their December meeting, according to a release from UKNOW.

A 3.75% housing rate increase and an average 3% dining rate increase was approved by the board on Tuesday, Dec. 5.

The housing rate includes all undergraduate residence halls and the University Flats graduate housing. 

“While increases are necessary to balance rising operating costs as well as the cost of utilities, maintenance and supplies,” UK Executive Vice President for Finance and Administration Eric Monday said in the release. “(W)e have worked diligently to keep increases as minimal as possible and markedly less than the increase last year.” 

The release said break housing will increase 4.25% and early move-in rates will increase 3.45%.

University-constructed graduate housing and apartments will increase 2% except for Greg Page Apartments and Shawneetown, which will see no increase.

According to the release, the dining plans offered by UK and their dining partner Aramark will remain the same. 

There are four dining plans offered to students. Each offers a minimum of 10 meals per week in addition to “Flex Dollars.”

“Flex dollars can be used to purchase a la carte items at any of the 24 dining locations across campus and may be carried over from the fall to spring semester,” the release said.

More information on the housing and dining rates can be found in the Board of Trustees Proposal document here.