Comic characters coming to Lexington

Thousands of comic book and movie enthusiasts some dressed as their favorite comic villain or hero, will crowd the Lexington Convention Center this weekend for the annual Lexington Comic & Toy Convention.

The convention, which drew nearly 19,000 people last year, will bring actors from “Star Trek,” “Sons of Anarchy,” “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” and “Star Wars,” among others.

Actors and actresses will give panel talks and sign autographs, and the convention center floor will host a number of vendors selling toys, comics, t-shirts and more.

Two-day membership tickets cost $25, Saturday-only tickets cost $17.50 and Sunday-only tickets cost $15. Children age 10 and under may enter for free.

Verne Troyer, who played Mini Me in the Austin Powers series, Walter Koenig, who played Checkov in “Star Trek,” and Jeremy Bulloch, Star Wars’ original Boba Fett, will all hold question and answer sessions on Saturday.

Sunday’s lineup includes Jeremy Shada, the voice of Finn in Cartoon Network’s “Adventure Time,” and Ernie Hudson from “Ghostbusters.”

A number of artists, many from Kentucky, will sell their art at tables on the convention floor.

Other major guests include Ryan Hurst, who played Opie in FX’s “Sons of Anarchy,” and Tara Reid, a model and actress who acted in films including “The Big Lebowski,” “American Pie,” “Sharknado,” and “My Boss’s Daughter.” Reid’s question and answer session is on Sunday.

STAFF REPORT