Kentucky defensive back Andru Phillips declares for 2024 NFL Draft

Tennessee wide receiver Squirrel White (10), left, is tackled by Kentucky defensive back Andru Phillips (23) during the Kentucky vs. Tennessee football game on Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023, at Kroger Field in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky lost 33-27. Photo by Samuel Colmar | Staff

Kentucky defensive back Andru Phillips became the third Wildcat to enter his name into the 2024 NFL Draft on Thursday.

In his social media post announcing his departure Phillips wrote, “I can’t put into words how grateful I have been to play under Coach Stoops at the University of Kentucky.”

Phillips joined Kentucky in 2020 as a three-star recruit, and the No. 8 overall player in South Carolina per 247Sports and Rivals.com, out of Mauldin High School.

Phillips redshirted his freshman season in 2020 after enrolling mid-year before playing in nine games in 2021.

He heated up in his sophomore season in 2022, starting in four games and logging reps in all 13 games, where he notched 31 tackles.

This past season Phillips played and started in 11 games, logging 44 tackles including 31 solo tackles and a tackle for loss.

Now looking to move on to the next level, Phillips joined offensive lineman Kenneth Horsey and running back Ray Davis in the NFL Draft pool.

The 2024 NFL Draft is set to begin April 25, 2024, from Campus Martius Park in Hart Plaza of Detroit, Michigan.

Kentucky football will participate in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl on Dec. 29 against Clemson. Phillips’ participation in the bowl game is to be determined.