Need a ride? How to sign up for Wildcab Vouchers

Illustration by Akhila Nadimpalli.

Wildcab Vouchers, a late-night transportation service for UK students, will return to campus next spring, according to the UK Transportation Services website.

The Wildcab Vouchers service gives students access to discounted Uber rides within the same area that Kentucky Wildcab previously operated in.

A map showing the area in which vouchers are eligible can be found on the website.

“Wildcab Vouchers provides eligible students with up to ten $6 ride vouchers per semester,” the website said. 

Students will be responsible for paying any amount exceeding the $6 mark. 

“We’re ecstatic to supplement Uber rides and hope to reach the widest possible student population,” Lizzy Hornung, president of UK’s Student Government Association said on the website. “We encourage students to use this wonderful resource.”

After completing the Wildcab Vouchers Enrollment Form, students will be given a link to add the vouchers to their Uber account, according to the website.

Students can use the vouchers on “Thursday, Friday, and Saturday between 11 p.m. and 3 a.m.,” the website said.

The vouchers for the fall semester expired on Saturday, Dec. 16, but students can sign up again for the spring semester.

For more information contact the Wildcab Vouchers program staff members at 859-323-7433.