UK announces new Vice President for Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement

Brady Saylor

Jake Lemon, president of the UConn Foundation and candidate for Vice President for Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement, speaks during an open forum on Monday, Feb. 20, 2023, at the Gatton College of Business and Economics in Lexington, Kentucky. Photo by Brady Saylor | Staff

Courtney Suber, Reporter

UK president Eli Capilouto announced Jake Lemon accepted the position of Vice President for Philanthropy and Alumni Engagement on March 9.

Lemon, a past philanthropic overseer at the University of Connecticut, has nearly 20 years of experience, according to the email. His past work has been focused on education philanthropy.

Lemon also led a team of more than 170 individuals at the UConn foundation. The organization promotes educational and scientific growth at the university and broke records three years in a row under his leadership.

Kristen Turner, the Vice President for Student Success, and Rudy Bucheit, College of Engineering dean, made up the search committee that hired Lemon.

Lemon replaces Tom Harris, who also served as vice president for university relations.