Explosion tour brings music and playmate to Lexington

It’s not everyday that students get a chance to mingle with a Playboy playmate.

As part of Campus Explosion, a music tour featuring Ciara, Nappy Roots, MIMS, Lloyd, Brooke Hogan and The Audio Club, concertgoers will be able to meet and greet the 2007 Playmate of the Year, Sara Jean Underwood.

The sextet of artists and Underwood will be in Lexington tonight at 6 in Applebee’s Park.

“I think it’s a once in a lifetime for these types of artists to come here,” said Adam Keys, owner of Salottos Restaurant and Lounge, one of the sponsors of Campus Explosion.

Salottos also will play host to the Campus Explosion after party, where fans can interact with artists. The after party will begin at 10 p.m. and there is a $10 cover before 11.

“If you can’t go to the show, you can come down and meet the artists,” Keys said.

This is the first year of Campus Explosion, and organizers have brought artists from various genres to appeal to all types of fan bases.

“For one night to have this many different kinds of artists on stage, there is something for everyone,” Keys said.

For $29 concertgoers can hang out with artists, win giveaways and listen to Lexington-based bands that will take stage before the main artists perform. Reserved seating in the first 10 rows is also available for $55.

Tickets can be purchased online (www.Lexingtonlegends.com or www.ticketreturn.com). Tickets can also be bought over the phone at 1-800-MY-TICKET or at Applebee’s Park and Salottos.