Linden Walk fire caused by electric wiring

The fire that occurred at 325 Linden Walk on Tuesday night was an accidental fire related to the electric wiring in the house, said Lexington Fire Battalion Chief Jim Wells.

The fire, which was contained to the second floor and a room toward the front of the house on the first floor, appeared to have been burning for a while through the floor joints, said Lexington Fire Battalion Chief Randy Galliam on Monday.

The fire caused significant damage but no injuries.

Student receives employee of the year award

Mandee McGee, the student assistant in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, won the Student Employee of the Year award last night. Supervisors throughout campus nominated 18 student employees for the award. Brian Troyer, the director of the UK Visitors Center, nominated McGee. The other four finalists for the award were Jennifer Whittle, Andrew Wheeler, Amanda Ellis and Michael Knoll.