Free spring break shuttle offered to students

For students without a car on campus, getting a ride to the airport for spring break may be a hassle — UK Parking and Transportation Services is lending them a hand.

A free shuttle to the Blue Grass Airport will run Thursday and Friday, and pickup times will be at 6 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m., according to a news release.

To schedule a pickup, students should e-mail their name, campus address, phone number, date, time and location of pickup to [email protected] with “Spring Break Shuttle” in the subject line. A Parking and Transportation Services representative will call to confirm pickup time and location, according to the news release.

Students must submit the ride request at least 48 hours in advance of when they need picked up, said Chrissie Balding-Tune, UK Parking and Transportation Services spokeswoman.

After spring break, students are responsible for finding their own ride from the airport back to campus, but they can find information about LexTran, which runs Monday through Friday, at (http://lextran.nextinsight.com/routes.php?mrnid=27).

Students can also receive a 10 percent discount with student ID from American Taxi, which accepts PLUS account and charges between $16 and $20 for the cab fare, according to the news release.