Parking permits up for 2010-11 renewal

Parking and Transportation Services is preparing for student parking permit renewal. Students can apply for a permit online or through the mail between May 1 and August 31. Walk-ins are allowed after August 31.

Students must have a link blue login and password to apply online. Permits are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Students applying for an R-permit must wait until they have a confirmed housing assignment from UK Housing.

Application dates vary depending on the type of permit the student is pursuing. For more on the student permit calendar visit http://www.uky.edu/Parking/permits-calendar.html.

Certain rates have increased for the upcoming year. C-, R- and K-permits will be $248 and evening permits are $120. Students needing a motorcycle permit in addition to their vehicle permit should contact PTS immediately after purchasing their permit online.

Permit application cards for students applying through the mail may be picked up at the main office at 721 Press Avenue (Parking Structure No. 6) and at the satellite office located on the first floor of Parking Structure No. 5 (located next to Kennedy Book Store).

To apply, students need their home address, license plate number, link blue login and password, and a MasterCard or Visa. All outstanding parking citations must be paid before a permit application is accepted.