Last day for Greek Ball tix

By April Leake

UK Panhellenic Council is hosting its first ever all-Greek event on April 15 and the deadline to purchase tickets is today.

The event, Greek Ball, is at the end of Greek Week to celebrate the activities done during the week of service. Proceeds go to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Greek Ball is for all members of a fraternity or sorority on campus, as well as any non-Greek date.

Abby Gradel, a junior and Panhellenic’s Inter-Greek Programming Assembly chair, said they are excited to finally see this event come together.

“This is the first main social event to bring the Greek community together and show Greek unity,” Gradel said.

The concept of Greek Ball was created by a current IGPA member and the former chair two years ago. With insurance issues and time restraints, there was not enough time to have Greek Ball last spring.

IGPA booked Heritage Hall last March in order to guarantee a Greek Ball this semester.

Susan West, the assistant dean of students and the director of fraternity and sorority affairs, said she is looking forward to hosting the first-ever formal and alcohol-free event for Greeks on campus.

“We are excited to host this alcohol-free event. Depending on its success, this could become a tradition,” West said.

Entertainment will be provided by Clayton Anderson, and the Convention Center is providing security for the event. Formal attire is suggested.

Greek Ball is Friday, April 15 from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at the Lexington Convention Center in the Heritage Hall. Panhellenic is providing transportation from Columbia Avenue to Heritage Hall.

Tickets are $5 per person and can be purchased through any fraternity or sorority chapter on campus.