Prospective faculty candidate to speak to UK on Thursday

The UK executive vice president for finance and administration candidate, Eric Monday, will be speaking in a campus-wide forum at 11 a.m. Thursday.

Monday will also be speaking to deans and senior staff during the day, according to a press release from UK Spokesman Jay Blanton.

“Monday has about 15 years of higher education experience, holding a number of critical positions at (Louisiana State University), including stints helping lead emergency operations, student life and student services at various points in his career,” the press release stated.

Frank Butler, former executive vice president of finance, retired in January of 2012 after 36 years with UK.

Monday is currently the vice chancellor for finance administrative services and chief financial officer at LSU.

In his position, Monday is in charge of budget and planning, human resources, accounting, police, auxiliary services, and procurement and property management

At the forum, Monday will be answering questions from faculty, staff and students until noon in the Lexmark Room of the Main Building.

Monday’s budget authority is more than $125 million with 1,200 employees, according to the press release. He also manages LSU’s $800 million budget.

He has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, a master’s degree in public administration and is pursuing a doctorate at LSU in human resource education and workforce development.

For those unable to make it to the meeting, it will be streamed live at https://connect.uky.edu/staffsenate.

Question submissions can be done through the chat option.