BBN should stand united on proposal to revitalize campus

We are a Big Blue Nation United.

That statement has never been more true — and never more evident — than two weeks ago when we were joined by Gov. Beshear and more than 30 legislators in support of our proposal to self-finance three critically important facilities on our campus.

These facilities — a renovated and expanded Gatton College of Business and Economics, a new Academic and Science Building, and a renovated Nutter Training Facility and Commonwealth Stadium — underscore our commitment to putting students first in everything that we do.

The support of you and so many legislators represents a crucial step in making these buildings a reality.

But our work is not done. The legislature returns on Feb. 5 to begin its work in earnest.

As a member of the Big Blue Nation, we are asking you to continue to express your support for the legislature in authorizing UK to move forward in self-financing these projects, all without one dime of state funds.

The best way you can show that support — and reach out to your legislator — is by going to www.BBNunited.com. Click on the link, showing how you can get involved. Provide us the information requested and we can match you with your legislator to facilitate asking them to move quickly to support UK’s request.

We are close, but still need the approval of the legislature before we can move forward with projects that will create hundreds of jobs, improve learning and research space for students and faculty and give our student athletes and fans facilities that match their skills and passions.

Please take a moment to go to www.BBNunited.com to get involved and ask for support.

We are a Big Blue Nation United and we are proud to join together in the effort to revitalize our campus.