Provost discusses changes to the Code of Student Conduct

William T Young Library

News Staff

Provost Tim Tracy said Thursday in a campus-wide email that the UK Board of Trustees approved changes to the Code of Student Conduct to make campus feel like “home” for students. 

Tracy listed the changes as follows: 

• The inclusion of the UK Creed as a foundational value of the UK student conduct process
  • User-friendly language reflective of best practices in the student conduct field
  • Compliance with recent interpretations of federal, state, and local laws (e.g., Title IX, Clery Act, etc.)
  • A clearly defined scope that applies to both on- and off-campus behavior
  • The inclusion of UK’s affirmative consent policy
  • Updated standards of conduct that represent model behaviors of the UK community
  • The addition of an amnesty policy related to alcohol and drug-related emergencies
  • The inclusion of alternative conflict resolution (e.g., mediation, restorative conferences, restorative justice circles) and an all-student hearing board to resolve incidents involving any registered student organization as procedural resolution options

The updated Code of Student Conduct can be viewed here

“We are hoping the updated Code will continue to move us towards a healthier climate for accountability and conflict resolution,” Tracy wrote. “We are looking forward to working with campus partners to promote the new policies and procedures.”

Tracy thanked all who were involved in updating the code over the past couple of years.