80 UK student athletes make Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll

Kentucky tight end C.J. Conrad runs the ball down field during the game against Ole Miss on Saturday, November 4, 2017 in Lexington, Ky. Kentucky lost the game 37-34. Photo by Carter Gossett | Staff

Kernel Sports Staff

The SEC announced its Fall 2017 Academic Honor Roll of 1,018 student-athletes on Wednesday afternoon, and 80 UK student-athletes made the list. 

That number is down from last year’s 85 UK student-athletes who made the 2016 Fall SEC Academic Honor Roll. Football led the way with 27 athletes, highlighted by CJ Conrad, Austin MacGinnis and Charles Walker.

Women’s soccer was the sport that had the next highest Academic Honor Roll count with 14. Men’s soccer, men’s and women’s cross country and volleyball all had 13 student-athletes make the list to bring the total up to 80.

To make the SEC Academic Honor Roll, athletes must meet a number of requirements. To start, they must have a GPA of at least 3.0 from the previous academic year or a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.

The student-athlete must have completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non-remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at their university. The student-athlete must also have been a member of a varsity team for the entire NCAA Championship segment for the certain sport.

For a complete list of UK’s, and every SEC school’s Academic Honor Roll list, visit the link on the SEC’s website