What to get done over Thanksgiving break

Kernel Opinion SIG

Sarah Halsey

The semester is flying by, and Thanksgiving Break will be here before we know it.

Assignments are starting to pile up, but the speed of the semester is never an excuse to lose motivation. The more students get done before Thanksgiving, the easier dead and finals week will be later. Here are a few things to do before Thanksgiving Break:

1. Get those papers written! Many classes have already assigned final papers. Get on it. At the very least, get a plan together to finish some of the heavier-hitting work. Do not procrastinate. Due dates will sneak up on you if you are not careful, and it will be easier to get started on these items now versus after Thanksgiving break.

2. Save up money! Although this may seem difficult for many people, everyone can do without an extra weekly trip to Starbucks and Chick-fil-A or the bar. There is money to be saved. Many people can also pick up extra shifts at work, babysit or even get a seasonal job. The holidays will be so much more exciting without financial worries.

3. Get a study plan together for finals. It has been said that if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Although it is a little early to start studying for final exams, it is never too early to get a plan together. Prioritize which classes need the most of your attention and which topics you need to be the most familiar with for your finals.

4. Eat healthy. Although this gets harder and harder as the year goes on, it is always for your own benefit. Be nice to your body and feed it right, even leading up to the holidays. The holidays do not have to equate to weight gain. You will not be sorry by focusing on healthy food intake on Thanksgiving.

As the semester goes on, the harder it will be stay motivated. Although this may seem like a lot to get done, you will thank yourself later. You will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving Break so much more if you get things done beforehand. Relaxing will be so much easier without a big academic to-do list hovering over your head. Stay strong and get stuff done.