UK set to complete housing and dining refunds by end of the week

Bikers pass the William T. Young Library on Monday, April 6, 2020, at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, Kentucky. Photo by Jordan Prather | Staff

Emily Laytham

Most UK housing and dining refunds landed in myUK accounts by the end of the day on Friday, according to UK spokesperson Jay Blanton.

Housing refunds began appearing in myUK accounts on April 6, only one day after they were initially announced by President Eli Capilouto in a campus-wide email. The refunds reflect 36 percent of each individual student’s original housing and dining cost for the year.

Refunds will be applied automatically to outstanding UK balances, including those incurred for tuition, housing and dining. Students with outstanding balances will not have the option to transfer the funds to another account, according to Blanton. This includes graduating seniors.

Graduating students without outstanding balances will be refunded by Student Accounts Services within 14 days, according to Penny Cox, UK’s acting treasurer.

Students receiving housing and dining refunds who enroll for Fall 2020 will also receive a $125 Flex credit for the semester, Blanton said.

Parking pass refunds will follow a similar refund procedure, with one vital difference: Students seeking a refund for their Spring 2020 parking pass will need to submit a request form by Friday, May 1. Forms can be mailed to UK Transportation Services or physically dropped off. Students may also submit the form through email alongside a photo of their parking pass.

Refund amounts will vary by lot.