Kentucky gymnastics loses three-game win streak at Arkansas

Samuel Colmar
Kentucky senior Isabella Magnelli performs her beam routine during the No. 5 Kentucky vs No. 12 Missouri gymnastics meet on Friday, Feb. 9, 2024, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 197.350-196.600. Photo by Samuel Colmar | Staff

No. 6 Kentucky Gymnastics ended its winning streak, falling to No. 16 Arkansas on the road in Barnhill Arena on Friday, Feb. 23, 197.400-197.150

The first event the Cats took on was the uneven bars, where Bailey Bunn received the top score for the Cats, earning a 9.900.

Elsewhere, freshman Delaynee Rodriguez received the second best score in the line up, pulling in a 9.825, Jillian Procasky returned to the bar rotation and earned a 9.850 from the judges, Hailey Davis led off the event and received a 9.825 and Raena Worley closed out the event for Kentucky with a 9.800.

The Cats walked into their next event with an overall score of 49.275.

The next rotation for the Cats was vault where they earned an overall score of 49.075.

Makenzie Wilson had the best score in the lineup for the Cats, finishing fourth overall with a score of 9.875.

Kentucky freshman Creslyn Brose performs her floor routine during the
No. 5 Kentucky vs No. 12 Missouri gymnastics meet on Friday, Feb. 9, 2024, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 197.350-196.600. Photo by Samuel Colmar | Staff (Samuel Colmar)

Isabella Magnelli was right there with Wilson, scoring a 9.850 which saw her claim fifth place, while Cecily Rizo and Arianna Patterson both scored a 9.800.

Rodriguez scored a 9.750 and Worley closed the event with a 9.700, with the Cats fighting to stay in it entering the third rotation.

The third rotation was the floor, where Kentucky scored a 49.525 overall.

Worley displayed another strong routine, earning a 9.975 and earned a perfect score from one of the judges for the third consecutive week.

Her score was the highest of the meet, tying with Arkansas’ Frankie Price.

The win marked Worley’s 23rd individual win on floor.

Elsewhere, Creslyn Brose was on Worley’s tail, receiving a 9.950, Magnelli and Davis both earned 9.900, Wilson scored a 9.800 and Rodriguez earned a 9.775, which saw the Cats walk into the final event with a lead.

With the Cats ahead for the final event, the “beam queens” Magnelli and Bunn earned the top scores of the meet, both receiving a 9.875.

Magnelli received her seventh career win in the event while Bunn received her third.

Brose and Worley both scored 9.850 and Patterson and Rodriguez both earned 9.825.

Despite that, Arkansas pulled it out, winning 197.400-197.150, breaking a three-game winning streak for the Cats.

Worley earned her 27th career all-around event title, racking up a final score of 39.350.

The Cats will take on the Florida Gators at Rupp Arena on Sunday, March 3, at 2 p.m. ET for the final home meet and Senior Day.