Kentucky softball head coach Rachel Lawson named to USA national team coaching staff

Sydney Yonker
Kentucky infielder Cassie Reasner high-fives Kentucky head coach Rachel Lawson during the Kentucky vs.Parkland softball game on Sunday, Sept. 23, 2023, at John Cropp Stadium in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 9-0. Photo by Sydney Yonker | Staff

Kentucky softball head coach Rachel Lawson was named to the USA Softball Women’s National Team coaching staff, as announced on Monday, April 1.

She will bring “a wealth of knowledge” to the coaching staff, as said by USA Softball in a press release.

Lawson, who is in her 17th season as the head coach of Kentucky, is the winningest coach in program history and has led the team to 14 NCAA Tournament appearances and a berth in the Women’s College World Series in 2014.

This is the first time in Lawson’s career that she will be a member of the national team’s coaching staff.

The national team will play a pair of exhibition matches against Great Britain in late June before competing in the Japan All-Star Series in July.