Kentucky gymnastics earns first ever win at Alabama after perfect 10 from Raena Worley

Brady Saylor
Isabella Magnelli performs her floor routine during the No. 7 Kentucky vs. No. 18 Georgia gymnastics meet on Friday, January 26, 2024, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 197.950-195.650. Photo by Brady Saylor | Staff

No. 3 Kentucky gymnastics made history, winning over No. 6 Alabama on the road in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, for the first time ever.

Raena Worley, a fifth-year senior, made personal history by scoring her second perfect 10 in a row on floor. The score was not only her second 10, but it was her first ever 10 on the road. 

Worley finished with her 24th career all-around win, 20th individual win on floor and 11th win on both bars and beam.

The Wildcats started the evening off on bars, which ended up being their lowest scoring rotation of the meet, tallying up to an overall 49.225.

Arianna Patterson celebrates after completing her beam routine during the No. 7 Kentucky vs. No. 18 Georgia gymnastics meet on Friday, January 26, 2024, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 197.950-195.650. Photo by Brady Saylor | Staff (Brady Saylor)

Worley received the highest score on the bars for the Cats with a 9.950. Jillian Procasky and Bailey Bunn both ended up with the score of 9.875 while freshman Delaynee Rodriguez led off with a 9.775. Annie Riegert finished off with a 9.700 and Cecily Rizo finished with a 9.750 on the first rotation.

The next rotation was vault, which ended in an overall score of 49.425 for the Cats as Makenzie Wilson earned her fifth individual win on vault, scoring a 9.950.

UK’s second-best on vault was Arianna Patterson with a score of 9.900 while Isabella Magnelli received a 9.875, sticking her front entry front pike half. Both Worley and Rizo ended with 9.850 and the lead off freshman Rodriguez received a 9.775.

The third rotation was floor and this was the highest scoring rotation for the Cats of the night as they received an overall score of 49.525.

The score ended up tying ninth-best in the program’s history. Worley’s perfect 10 secured the event, followed by Hailey Davis and Creslyn Brose both scoring 9.900.

Patterson was on their tails, scoring a 9.875 with both Rodriguez and Procasky receiving a 9.850 from the judges.

The final rotation was beam and the Cats ended in a final overall score of 49.425 to lock in the win. Worley secured 11th win on the beam with her almost perfect score of 9.950.

Magnelli received a 9.925 from the judges, proving her consistency on the beam. Patterson and Rodriguez both were awarded a 9.875 with Bose scoring a 9.850. Bunn took a fall and ended with a score of 9.150. 

The Wildcats host Missouri at 7 p.m. ET in Rupp Arena for Rockstar Night on Friday.

View Comments (1)