Central Bank Center to host Kentucky Vintage Festival

People+attend+the+first+Kentucky+Vintage+Festival+on+March+19%2C+2023.+Photo+provided+by+Jared+Wise.+
People attend the first Kentucky Vintage Festival on March 19, 2023. Photo provided by Jared Wise.

Vintage lovers can find an assortment of pieces at the Kentucky Vintage Festival on Saturday, Sept. 23 at the Central Bank Center, according to Jared Wise and Nick Nardiello, organizers of the event, which has gone on since March 2023.

The festival will host over 75 vendors, most being from Kentucky, and nearly a dozen from out of state. Attendees can expect items of jewelry and clothing all the way to home decor and vinyl.

Co-founder Nick Nardiello was a vendor for many years and said it was hard to find an event like this in Lexington, so he and a friend founded the Kentucky Vintage Festival. 

Jared Wise, co-founder with Nardiello, said they tried to keep UK students in mind when planning for this month’s festival because last spring caused students to choose between March Madness and the event.

Those planning to attend have two different options of an early bird admission priced at $15 or general admission for $5. Children 12 and under will receive free admission, according to the festival’s social media.  

Anyone that purchases the early admission will be granted private access 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. General admission ticket holders are able to attend from 12-5 p.m.

Food and alcohol will be available for those 21 and older located at the designated food court in the venue’s halls.

For those who cannot attend this month’s event, Wise said there are hopes of an additional show later into the school year.

Nardiello also mentioned his appreciation for the stories held behind people and their clothes.

“I love this community, it’s a sustainable business, people are, you know, bringing these amazing pieces of clothing to people that had no idea they existed or brings back memories from a time that they had,” Nardiello said. 

View Comments (1)