UK student arrested for alleged sex offenses

UK student Patrick W. Jones was arrested Monday, Oct. 30, 2017, in Franklin County, Kentucky, for alleged sex acts with a minor. 

Kaitlyn Skovran

UK student Patrick W. Jones Jr., 22, was arrested early Monday morning in Franklin County after he was found in a vehicle with a 14-year-old, whom he was allegedly meeting for a sexual encounter, Franklin County Sheriff Pat Melton said.

Franklin County deputies received a call about a suspicious car behind a home on Burlington Lane and Tamworth Lane. Upon arrival, deputies located the car behind a residence and could see a female climbing into the front seat and a male with his shirt off, according to Melton.

During the investigation, deputies learned Jones knew the female was a minor, and the pair engaged in oral sex before deputies arrived. Melton said Jones used social media to contact the minor, who was aware of Jones’ age as well.

“There was evidence that substantiated what they were doing,” Melton said.

Jones was lodged in Franklin Regional County Jail and charged with third-degree sodomy, unlawful transaction with a minor/illegal sex act with someone under 16-years-old and engaging in the prohibited use of an electronic communications system to procure a minor or peace officer for sexual offenses.

He has a $10,000 cash bond. Jones remained in jail Tuesday morning, according to online jail reports.