No injuries in Euclid house fire; candle likely cause


A house on Euclid Ave. in Lexington, Kentucky, caught fire on the night of Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018. Lexington Fire Department Battalion Chief Chris Warden said the cause of the fire was a candle. Photo by Erin Sparks

News Staff

The Lexington Fire Department responded to a house fire call on Tuesday, Feb. 6, on Euclid Avenue.

Lexington Fire received the call at 10:17 p.m. and went to the house at 536 Euclid Ave., said Battalion Chief Chris Warden. There were no injuries.

Warden said he thinks a candle caused the fire. The occupants of the house closed the door of the bedroom in which the fire started. Warden said this contained the fire and probably saved the rest of the house. 

Warden said he did not know if the residents were college students, but Euclid Avenue is a popular off-campus housing location for UK students. 

Photos taken during the fire showed Lexington Police Department cars also at the scene.