LIVE UPDATES: UK and Kansas tangle during the early-season Champions Classic

Kentucky forward Karl-Anthony Towns fights to get a shot up during the first half of the University of Kentucky vs. Kansas University men’s Basketball game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis , In., on Tuesday, November 18, 2014 Photo by Jonathan Krueger

Duke leads Michigan State 40-33 at halftime of the first game of the Champions Classic in Indianapolis. UK-Kansas will tip off approximately 30 minutes after the first game.

Follow Kernel columnist Nick Gray @KYKernelGray and men’s basketball beat writer Kyle Arensdorf @KYleKernel during tonight’s State Farm’s Champions Classic in Indianapolis, where No. 1 UK and No. 5 Kansas are scheduled to tip off after 9 p.m. The Cats’ game is preceded by Duke-Michigan State at 7 p.m. All games will be televised by ESPN.

At the 14:55 mark of the first half, UK is up on Kansas 8-6. Aaron Harrison and Karl Towns lead UK with three points apiece.

Second platoon checks into the game after a timeout at 14:55.

Willie Cauley-Stein grabs a rebound off of an Aaron Harrison free throw and puts it back to open up a 10-point lead on Kansas.

Kansas has eight personal fouls at the 9-minute mark of the first half.

Kansas is sinking into a deeper and deeper hole as the Cats extend their lead to 35-17 with 3:01 remaining in the first half.

The Harrisons are a combined 4-5 from three. The rest of the team is 0-7.

With 12 and a half minutes remaining in the game, the Cats are on top of Kansas 50-35.

Dakari Johnson leads all scorers with 11 points on 5-6 shooting.

Devin Booker hits his first three of the game with 6:58 remaining. 62-36 UK

Derek Willis and Dominique Hawkins enter the game with 4:13 left in a blowout of Kansas.

UK’s lead has inflated to 28 points over Kansas, 66-38.

FINAL: 72-40