UK well-represented in All-American game

By Kindsey Bernhard

All four of Kentucky’s 2014 recruits have been selected to play in the 2014 McDonald’s All-American game on Wednesday at the United Center in Chicago.

Karl Towns, Trey Lyles, Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis will represent UK in the prestigious high school basketball game featuring some of the top high school players in the nation.

Karl Towns (St. Joseph High School, Metuchen, N.J.) is the only UK recruit selected to play for the East. ESPN ranks the seven-foot center as the ninth-best player in the 2014 class. Towns was named the 2014 Gatorade National Player of the Year on Mar. 27.

Trey Lyles, Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis will team up for the West.

ESPN ranks Lyles (Arsenal Technical High School, Indianapolis), a 6-foot-10-inch forward from Indianapolis as the sixth-best player in the 2014 class. Lyles was named Indianapolis City Player of the Year for the third time by the City Coaches Association on Mar. 9, according to the Indianapolis Star.

Booker, a shooting guard from Moss Point High School (Moss Point, Miss.) ranks as the 17th-best player in the 2014 class by ESPN. Booker finished his high school career by becoming the high school’s leading scorer in just three seasons.

Ulis, a 5-foot-9-inch point guard out of Marian Catholic High School (Chicago Heights, Ill.) was named The Times of Northwest Indiana named Ulis the Illinois Boys Basketball Player of the Year. ESPN ranks Ulis as the fourth-best point guard in the 2014 class.

Myles Turner (Trinity High School, Euless, Texas), a seven-foot center and the No. 2 overall player in the 2014 class, is the only McDonald’s All-American that is still undecided.

Turner has offers from UK, Ohio State University, Kansas University, Duke University and the University of Arizona, among other schools.

“What’s not to love about Coach Calipari? He gets people to the league, he’s straight up with you, he’s businesslike, he prepares you for the real world,” Turner told Jason King of Bleacher Report.

Turner has not stated when he plans to make his official decision.

UK seems to always be well represented at the McDonald’s All-American game, with this year being no different.

To see the future Cats in action, tune in to ESPN at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday.