UK in the NBA: Kidd-Gilchrist boosts Bobcats

By Nick Jones | @Kernel_Nick

He may have had a slow to his debut NBA season, but Michael Kidd-Gilchrist now appears to have established his role with the Bobcats.

His play has picked up and it does not appear to be slowing down as he continues his adjustment to playing professional basketball.

“It’s getting more and more comfortable,” the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft said to the Charlotte Observer. “I’m starting to get everything.”

Averaging 11 points and seven rebounds, Kidd-Gilchrist has helped his team to a .500 record at 4-4.

The Bobcats did not win their fourth game during last year’s shortened season until Feb. 17.

Three weeks into the 2012/13 NBA season and still John Wall has not bounced a ball in anger. The 22-year-old point guard, who was destined to have his breakout year in his third season, is continually rehabbing a stress fracture in his right knee.

“Still tough and frustrating,” Wall said to Jeff Caplan of Hang Time Blog in regards to the injury.

Another former Cat who has not been seen on the court this season is Jamaal Magloire.

The Toronto native popped back up in the news this week as he has officially ended his playing career and assumed a role with his hometown Raptors as a development consultant and community ambassador.

Rajon Rondo of the Celtics injured his ankle during the second half of Wednesday’s win over Enes Kanter and the Utah Jazz.

Rondo bouned back quickly from the injury as he returned for Saturday’s game against the Raptors, contributing with 20 assists as part of a 107-89 win for Boston.

Rondo’s remarkable assist numbers through the first few weeks of the season have his name being discussed in early conversations regarding the league MVP award.

“Something I look forward to every game is just trying to make my teammates happy. And somehow I keep getting to 10 (assists),’’ Rondo told boston.com.

DeMarcus Cousins came up with 29 points and seven rebounds during a loss on Sunday to Keith Bogans’ Brooklyn Nets. The performance came off of a two-game suspension for an encounter with an NBA TV analyst.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft, Anthony Davis, had an excellent week personally, despite his team’s three losses to Houston, Oklahoma City and Milwaukee.

Davis logged 28 points and 11 rebounds during the Hornets loss to Doron Lamb’s Bucks.

Lamb has played has played sparingly thus far, showing up in the “did not play” column against Davis and Darius Miller’s Hornets.

Often, it takes some time for rookies to break into the rotation for NBA teams. But Houston Rockets’ first year player, Terrence Jones, certainly proved his worth to the team during his first significant minutes of the season.

Jones played almost 20 minutes during the Rockets’ Sunday night loss to the Lakers.

The young forward finished with eight points, four rebounds, three assist, two steals and a block. His performance was completed with a highlight dunk over another former Cat Jodie Meeks.

Week 3 stats

Week 4 T.V. schedule

Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012.

L.A. Clippers (Eric Bledsoe) @ Oklahoma City Thunder (DeAndre Liggins, Daniel Orton) 8:00 p.m. EST on ESPN.