Holiday Guide: Your little black dress is perfect for the season

By Shelisa Melendez

The holiday season is in full effect and invitations to parties have begun rolling in for many. But what’s a holiday party without something to wear?

Dressing for a holiday party should be nothing short of the excitement the season brings, but regardless of the party’s theme and location, you can never go wrong with a little black dress.

The LBD is a piece that is always on trend 365 days of the year, and is especially classic during the holiday season. The great thing about a LBD is its versatility — it can easily be dressed up for a more formal occasion, or dressed down for a more casual setting.

Here are just a few ways to add flare to your LBD this season.

For both the fall and winter seasons, sequins and sparkle have been major trends. If you want to stand out, yet still remain subtle, try a sparkle piece. Try a black sequins blazer, glitter heels or shimmery tights.

Just because it is winter, it does not mean that you should pack all your colorful pieces away until spring. Make a bold and daring statement at your holiday party with bright colors to complement your LBD. Try a bright nail polish and/or lipstick, a bright handbag, scarf or a bold pair of pumps.

Your LBD doesn’t always have to be worn as a dress. Try using a button-down shirt and cardigan to make it more casual and instantly turning your look into a skirt/cardigan combo!

Animal and tribal prints are also on trend this season and are the perfect way to add flare to your classic LBD. Try a daring cheetah cardigan or ankle boots paired with bright a red lip!