New albums from The Killers, David Bryne make Thanksgiving a musical holiday

At the end of next week we will celebrate the truly awesome day of Thanksgiving. Two days before the holiday though will be an exciting day in music. Tuesday will bring loads of new music with many releases from some great artists.

The Killers will release their third studio album, “Day & Age.” Normally I do not listen to a whole lot of very pop-oriented music. I prefer my rock ‘n’ roll to be a bit more dirty and rough, but I have been enjoying The Killers since the release of their first album. With “Day & Age,” the band continues their synth/dance-rock style that has driven them to success. To help with the process of recording, The Killers chose former Madonna producer Stuart Price who should be able to help the band hone their sound even more.

Another thrilling release slated for next Tuesday is “Everything That Happens Will Happen Today,” the second release by David Byrne and Brian Eno. If you do not know, Byrne is the former frontman for the Talking Heads, and Eno is a musician and super producer who has worked with the likes of U2 and Devo. The pair’s first album, “My Life In The Bush Of Ghost,” was released in 1981 and All Music critic John Bush described the album as “a pioneering work for countless styles connected to electronics, ambience, and Third World music.” The disc will undoubtedly be loaded with tons of experimentation and should be quiet a journey to listen through.

Usually I am not all that excited for new releases by rap artists, but on Tuesday, Ludacris and Kanye West will both be dropping new albums, which I’m sure will be huge successes and generate a series of hit songs. Both rappers have styles that are very much their own, making their music unique but yet easily recognizable. With Ludacris’ new single, “One More Drink,” he seems to be sticking with his humorous party style songs that have made him a loveable personality. On the other hand, Kanye has taken a different route making an album with many songs that are much closer to singing than rapping, using a vocoder (the software that makes a person’s voice pitch perfect while making them sound a bit robotic).

Other releases hitting shelves include records by Linkin Park, Scott Weiland, Paramore, Good Charlotte, and an EP by Coldplay, so whatever your taste in music there will probably be something new to excite you.