Capilouto announces search committee for next Executive Vice President for Health Affairs

Casey Sebastiano, Reporter

President Eli Capilouto announced the search committee for the next Executive Vice President for Health Affairs (EVPHA) at UK in a campus wide email on Jan. 30.

The committee will be replacing previous EVPHA Dr. Mark F. Newman.

According to EVPHA’s policy statement, the EVPHA works to place a guideline of procedures and standards that UK HealthCare employees are expected to federally comply with.

“It’s critical we have a search committee that represents the depth and breadth of our campus and understands how essential this enterprise is to what we do to advance Kentucky,” Capilouto said in the email.

The committee will provide Capilouto with recommendations for filling the position.

The co-chairs of the committee will be the Department of Psychiatry Chair and professor Dr. Seth Himelhoch and Nancy Cox, Vice President for Land-grant Engagement and dean of the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment.

“I am excited about the candidates, who I know will be attracted to this enterprise and our vision to advance Kentucky by ensuring a healthier state now and for the future,” Capilouto said in the email.

Other members selected for the search committee are as follows:

• Katrice Albert, Vice President for Institutional Diversity
  • Lisa Cassis, Vice President for Research
  • Dr. Darwin Conwell, Department of Internal Medicine Chair and professor
  • Dr. Scottie Day, Department of Pediatrics Chair and associate professor, Kentucky Children’s Hospital physician in chief
  • Dr. Chris DeSimone, UK HealthCare Chief Medical Officer for perioperative care and professor
  • Melissa Frederick, Associate Vice President for UK HealthCare Human Resources
  • Dr. Chipper Griffith, acting dean of the College of Medicine and professor
  • Dr. Zaki Udin Hassan, Department of Anesthesiology Chair and professor
  • Dr. Susan McDowell, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Chair and associate professor
  • Colleen Swartz, Vice President for Hospital Operations
  • Dr. Craig van Horne, Department of Neurosurgery Chair and professor
  • Amelia Pace, Student Government Association Vice President
  • Jon Gent, Staff Senate representative
  • Representative from University Senate will be nominated by faculty leadership