Former four-star offensive lineman Kiyaunta Goodwin enters transfer portal

Isabel McSwain

Kentucky Wildcats head coach Mark Stoops coaches his team during the No. 19 Kentucky vs. No. 3 Tennessee football game on Saturday, Oct. 29, 2022, at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. Kentucky lost 44-6. Photo by Isabel McSwain | Staff

Parker Scott, Reporter

Kentucky offensive lineman Kiyaunta Goodwin put his name into the transfer portal on Friday.

Goodwin first committed to Kentucky in April of 2021 after being recruited by Vince Marrow, enrolling early at the beginning of 2022.

His commitment was significant for the Wildcats, with 247Sports having given him a four-star rating and ranking him as the No. 13 overall player and the No. 2 offensive tackle in the class of 2022.

Originally from Louisville, Goodwin attended Charlestown High School in Indiana and chose the Wildcats over numerous other scholarship offers from schools like Alabama, Texas A&M, Georgia and Michigan State.

Despite appearing in 11 out of Kentucky’s 12 regular season games in the 2022 season, Goodwin mostly only saw action on the field in garbage time or on special teams.

Goodwin is the second Kentucky offensive lineman and eleventh overall Wildcat to enter the transfer portal since the end-of-season window opened on Dec. 5.

Northern Illinois transfer Marques Cox, who made his UK commitment official on Thursday, is likely to fill Goodwin’s spot on the offensive line.