Kentucky volleyball announces five signees for 2023 class

Jack Weaver

Kentucky Wildcats head coach Craig Skinner answers questions from reporters during a post game press conference after the Kentucky vs. Marquette volleyball match on Friday, Aug. 26, 2022, at Memorial Coliseum in Lexington, Kentucky. Marquette won 3-2. Photo by Jack Weaver | Staff

Ali Cetinok, Asstistant Sports Editor

Kentucky volleyball and head coach Craig Skinner announced Wednesday that five players have signed a National Letter of Intent to play inside Memorial Coliseum for the fall 2023 season.

Brooke Bultema:
Cincinnati, Ohio – Ursuline Academy
Middle Blocker
Bultema, an AVCA Under Armour All-American Team member, won the GGCL Player of the Year. She was first in blocks and kills for her conference with a high of 25 kills in a match, and she had a match where she hit .666 with 23 kills with only one error on 33 swings, helping Ursuline to a No.1 in the Ohio State rankings this fall.

Jordyn Dailey:
Franklinton, North Carolina – NC Academy for Learning and Enrichment
Middle Blocker/Outside Hitter
With relatives competing at major schools such as North Carolina, TCU and Michigan as well as the Seattle Seahawks and Cincinnati Bengals, Jordyn Dailey comes from a family with a long history of athletics. She was a member of the 2022 Under Armor Next Camp this past June and also competed at USA Volleyball Nationals with her club team Chapel Hill Volleyball, which was led by her explosive offensive production.

Ava Sarafa:
Beverly Hills, Michigan – Marian HS
Setter
A 2022 Preseason MaxPreps All-American Team member, Sarafa was the No.1 setter and No.2 ranked overall player in the state of Michigan earning 11.2 assists per set, 62 service aces and 252 digs. She led the state in assists in which she was second in the nation per set, and she also won back-to-back state championships.

Brooklyn DeLeye
Topeka, Kansas – Washburn Rural High School
Outside Hitter
The 2021 Kansas Class 6A Player of the Year and Kansas Gatorade Player of the Year, Brooklyn Deleye also earned herself All-City, All-Centennial League first team and All-Class 6A first team honors last season. She currently holds her high school’s record for kills.

Molly Tuozzo
The Woodlands, Texas – The Woodlands HS
Defensive Specialist/Libero
Having broken her high school’s record for aces and digs with over 1,000 in her career, 2022 GHVCA Preseason Team member, AVCA All-American Watch List and VYPE Libero of the Year Molly Tuozzo won Defensive MVP at the 2022 John Turner Classic. She also won 6A District and Regional championships at The Woodlands High School, where she was an Academic letterman all four years.