Some campus resources still open on Election Day

News Staff

UK cancelled classes on Election Day, but students, faculty and staff can still use some campus resources. 

UKNow said UK HealthCare clinics and hospitals will still be open on Tuesday.

The university also said that if anyone in the UK community experiences bias on Election Day, they can use the following resources: 

• Bias Incident Response Team is the official reporting system for students, staff, and faculty to notify the university of instances of hate, racism, bias and identity-based violence due to a person or group’s actual or perceived identities.  Reports can be made anonymously. Reports can be made here.
  • UK Police Department can be reached at 859-257-8573.
  • Counseling Center is located at 106 Frazee Hall and can be reached at 859-257-8701. UKNow said the center is closed Tuesday and will reopen Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 8:30 a.m.
  • Bias Incident Support Services are available to any student or employee member who has been impacted by an instance of racism, bias, hate, or identity-based violence due to their actual or perceived identity. UKNow said BISS can be accessed on Wednesday, Nov. 9 when the VIP Center opens at 8:30 a.m. No appointment is needed to access support and walk-ins are accepted, UKNow said.
  • Community of Concern allows students and employees to file an online report if they have concerns about a current student or employee, UKNow. File a report here.

“Our expectation is that Tuesday will be a day where all Americans make their voices heard – through the voting process and speaking out on issues of fundamental importance to our country,” said Terry Allen, UK’s interim vice president of institutional diversity. “There will be disagreements, but we expect our campus community to find common ground around the idea that we all have a voice and we all have an expectation that ours is a community where everyone can and should belong.”