Campus parking this weekend will be affected by state football championships

News Staff

UK is hosting the KHSAA state football championships from Dec. 1 to Dec. 3, so parking near Kroger Field will be affected. 

A campus-wide email from UK Transportation Services said the impact will be similar to UK home football games.

“The university is coordinating closely with the KHSAA to minimize the impact on the campus community,” the email read.

The guidelines for weekend parking are listed below, according to the email: 

• UK students with periphery (K) passes will need to relocate their vehicles from the Kroger Field lots, which include Red, Blue, Soccer/Softball and Greg Page Overflow, no later than 7 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 2. Vehicles can be moved as early as 1 p.m. on Friday. UK students can return their vehicles to Kroger Field lots as early as 6 p.m. on Sunday, but no later than 5 a.m. on Monday. 
  • R7 permit holders, who typically have to move their vehicles on UK home football weekends, will not have to move this weekend. 
  • UK employees will experience little to no impact on their parking routines on Friday mornings, but they may notice more traffic and parking demand in the afternoon, after those in the periphery lots begin to relocate their vehicles. If a particular intermediate parking lot fills up, employees can park in any other intermediate employee lot. 
  • BCTC students with E-BCTC and C-BCTC permits can park in the Sports Center Garage (PS #7) from Friday to Sunday. Students can still park in the Green Lot throughout the weekend, but Sports Center will likely be more predictable and more easily accessed. 

The schedule of football games that are affecting the weekend parking are listed below: 

• Friday, Dec. 1 at 2 p.m.
  • Friday, Dec. 1 at 7 p.m.
  • Saturday, Dec. 2 at 1 p.m.
  • Saturday, Dec. 2 at 8 p.m.
  • Sunday, Dec. 3 at 2 p.m.