It’s never been easier ‘read all about it’ at UK

Illustration by Akhila Nadimpalli

Let’s be honest — as necessary as they are, paywalls can be a nuisance. And on a college student’s budget, shelling out the money for multiple newspaper and magazine subscriptions isn’t always an option. Luckily at the University of Kentucky, you have access to some of the nation’s biggest, most reliable media outlets completely free of charge. 

Last year, a partnership between the College of Communication and Information, UK Libraries and UK’s Student Government Association (SGA) made free subscriptions to The New York Times (NYT) accessible to all students, faculty and staff on campus. A similar partnership between UK Libraries and SGA also grants free access to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) to all campus community members. Both of your subscriptions to NYT and WSJ can be activated with an @uky.edu email address at accessnyt.com and WSJ.com/UKentucky respectively.

Illustration by Akhila Nadimpalli

Want to stay up-to-date with the latest in campus and city news and college sports? The Kernel offers around-the-clock, independent digital coverage in addition to weekly features and opinions written by students, for students. Subscribe to our email newsletter at kykernel.com/email_subscription, and follow us on Instagram (@kentuckykernel) and Twitter (@KyKernel) for more. 

There’s plenty of content within reach here at UK, even for fashion lovers. UK Libraries offers free access to the Vogue Archive through its online database. Additionally, the Kernel’s sister publication, KRNL Lifestyle + Fashion, distributes a printed semesterly magazine and produces online lookbooks and podcasts. Follow KRNL on Instagram (@krnl_lf, @krnltalks, @styledbykrnl) for more.