Kentucky men’s basketball lands four-star Billy Richmond

Abbey Cutrer
Kentucky Wildcats head coach John Calipari puts his fists up during the Kentucky vs. Georgetown men’s basketball game on Friday, Oct. 27, 2023, at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 92-69. Photo by Abbey Cutrer | Staff

Kentucky men’s basketball bagged another four-star recruit from the 2024 class on Thursday afternoon.

Billy Richmond, a 6-foot, 5–inch, 200-pound guard announced that he would be committing to Kentucky over Alabama, LSU, Memphis and California.

The Camden, New Jersey, native is ranked No. 23 in the nation per 247 Sports composite and is currently playing where former teammates and current Kentucky freshmen D.J. Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw went to high school.

“Richmond is a big and athletic lefty wing with developing guard skills,” 247 Sports’ Director of Scouting Adam Finkelstein said. “He’s highly competitive and plays with a high-motor and attacking mentality.”

Richmond is the fifth player added to Kentucky’s 2024 recruiting class and he will be joining five-star Jayden Quaintance, four-star Boogie Fland, four-star Somto Cyril and four-star Travis Perry in Lexington next year.

“I have family ties, my former teammates D.J. Wagner and Aaron Bradshaw are there,” Richmond told ESPN. “I also played with Boogie Fland when we were younger for the NY Gauchos. I feel very comfortable with the staff and school.”

Richmond’s father, Billy, also played under John Calipari at Memphis in the early 2000s.

With the commitment of Richmond, Kentucky’s 2024 recruiting class is now ranked No. 2 nationally just behind Duke.

The 2023-24 freshman class for the Wildcats was ranked No. 1 in the nation and now with the addition of the 2024 class, the future Wildcats are bringing plenty of excitement to Lexington.