Ramiya White commits to Kentucky’s women’s basketball

Travis Fannon
Kentucky head coach Kyra Elzy walks onto the court before the Kentucky vs. ETSU womens basketball game on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023, at the Clive M. Beck Center in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 74-66 Photo by Travis Fannon | Staff

The No. 1 center in the state of Kentucky according to Prep Girls Hoops in the class of 2024, Ramiya White, signed to Kentucky basketball Friday evening.

The 6-foot, 5-inch White committed to the Wildcats over other power five schools such as Florida State, Mississippi State and plenty of others.

White marked Kyra Elzy’s first signing of the 2024 class.

White, who has already had a very successful high school career at Butler Traditional High School, is a leading candidate for Miss Kentucky Basketball this upcoming season.

As a sophomore White finished with 10.4 points per game, a shooting percentage of 58.3%, and added 6.1 rebounds per game, leading Butler Traditional to a 22nd district championship triumph, which saw her named to The Courier Journal’s All-Sixth Region Second Team. 

This last season as a junior White had another great year, averaging 8.6 points while grabbing eight rebounds, which led her team in both categories and helped lead Butler Traditional to its second straight 22nd District Championship win while boosting White to being named to the Courier Journal’s All-Sixth Region First Team.

Kentucky will continue to push in the recruiting department as Elzy has sent offers to center Vivian Iwuchukwu from Montverde Academy and several others.

As fans wait to see who else Kentucky can land for the 2024-25 season, Kentucky is already 2-0 on the 23-24 season with wins over ETSU and SC Upstate.