No-injury fire in Woodland Glen 4 laundry room put out by Lexington Fire Department

News Staff

A fire at Woodland Glen 4 on UK’s campus was reported and put out around 6 p.m. on Tuesday evening. 

Lexington Fire Department put out the fire at the dorm, located at 703 Sports Center Dr. LFD remained on scene as of 6:10 p.m.

UK spokesperson Kathy Johnson said the fire occurred in the laundry room on the first floor. No injuries were reported. 

Johnson said that a dryer overheated, and the resulting fire was quickly contained. Residents should return once smoke is cleared by ventilators.

UK Housing will work to return the laundry room back to normal, Johnson added.