Kentucky linebacker Trevin Wallace declares for 2024 NFL Draft

Travis Fannon
Kentucky linebacker Trevin Wallace runs the ball during the Kentucky vs. Florida football game on Saturday, Sept. 30, 2023, at Kroger Field in Lexington, Kentucky. Kentucky won 33-14. Photo by Travis Fannon | Staff

Kentucky linebacker Trevin Wallace became the fourth Wildcat to enter his name into the 2024 NFL Draft on Friday.

In his social media post announcing his departure Wallace wrote, “I want to thank my parents for putting me in this position to fulfill the dream I’ve had since I was a little kid.”

View this profile on Instagram

Trevin Wallace (@wallacetrevin) • Instagram photos and videos

Wallace joined Kentucky in 2021 as a four-star recruit out of Wayne County High School in Jesup, Georgia.

As a freshman he was named to the All-SEC Freshman Team after seeing action in 12 games for 32 tackles, four tackles for loss, two sacks, a forced fumble and a pass breakup.

He also scored a game-winning touchdown off a blocked field goal in the Wildcats’ 20-13 win over No. 10 Florida, which led to fans rushing the field in celebration.

Returning in 2022 as a sophomore, Wallace saw action in 12 games with six starts, totaling 54 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 2.5 sacks and two interceptions, which tied the team high.

This past year, in 2023, Wallace was limited with injury issues, but still recorded 69 tackles – 39 of which were solo – 7.5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, a forced fumble and an interception.

Totaling 155 total tackles, 17 tackles for loss, nine sacks, two forced fumbles and three interceptions, Wallace left his mark on Kentucky.

Forgoing his remaining college eligibility, Wallace will look to move on to the next level, joining Ray Davis, Kenneth Horsey and Andru Phillips in the NFL Draft pool.

The 2024 NFL Draft is set to begin April 25, 2024, from Campus Martius Park in Hart Plaza of Detroit, Michigan.

In the meantime, Kentucky football will still partake in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Florida, on Dec. 29. Kickoff is scheduled for noon ET and will air live on ESPN.