Senate to look at rule for earning three degrees

The possibility of earning a third bachelor’s degree will be on the agenda at Monday’s University Senate meeting.

In the spring semester, students who had met the qualifications were allowed to receive a third bachelor’s degree. Since no rules currently exist regarding whether a student can receive more than two bachelor’s degrees, the Senate will discuss the possibility of adding to the University Senate rules.

Also on the agenda for Monday’s meeting will be the approval of the 2008-09 academic calendars and approval of changes to the way graduate faculty members are appointed.

The meeting will be from 3 to 5 p.m. in the auditorium of the W.T. Young Library. Like all University Senate meetings, Monday’s meeting will be open to the public.

UK to offer shuttle to

Blue Grass Airport

UK is offering a Home for the Holidays shuttle to students who need a ride to the airport this week.

The shuttle will run Tuesday through Friday and will pick up students near their campus addresses at 6 a.m., 8 a.m., 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

To sign up for a shuttle ride to the Blue Grass Airport, students should e-mail UK Parking and Transportation Services at [email protected] at least two business days in advance with the following information: name, campus address, campus phone number and/or cell number, date, time and location of campus pickup.

A PTS representative will call back to confirm the ride.

Students can apply for Spring ’08 parking permits

UK Parking and Transportation Services is offering students a chance to buy spring-semester-only parking permits.

Students who don’t currently have permits or who want to upgrade their K Lot permits can apply for the online lottery between Friday and the Jan. 31, 2008, deadline. PTS will draw from the applicants about two weeks into the spring semester and send notifications through mail to the new permit holders, according to a news release.

PTS will not require permits for parking in the K Lot at Commonwealth Stadium during the break. The lots will be controlled for permits beginning Jan. 15, 2008.

Students to run through campus in underwear

The third semiannual Undie Run will take place on Wednesday at 11:55 p.m. All UK students are invited to run in their underwear from W.T. Young Library to Patterson Office Tower. The event coordinators will also accept clothing donations to go Southland Christian Church’s “Helping Through Him” ministry. For more information, go to the Facebook.com event listing for “3rd Semi Annual Undie Run.”

Sign-ups available for

Citizen Police Academy

Students can get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a police officer by signing up for a free eight-week police training class next semester.

The UK Police Department is offering its Citizen Police Academy for the Spring semester to anyone in the UK and Lexington community. The class meets for three hours each Monday beginning Jan. 14 and will run through March 3.

UK police and other police agencies throughout the U.S. provide the class to improve communication and understanding within their communities. The course covers a tour of the facility, an overview of criminal law and arrest procedures, firearm instruction, self-defense tactics and other police training.

Anyone interested in signing up for the academy can go to the UK police Web site (www.uky.

edu/police).