2 sets of candidates announce running for Student Government presidency

Election season is coming up, and that includes elections on UK’s campus.

On Monday evening, Student Government held the Candidate’s Meeting, which was run by the Election Board, Election Investigator and the Student Government adviser.

The meeting included a presentation and questions and answers regarding the election.

Each candidate had to attend in order to stay on the ballot.

The ballot consists of the positions for president and vice president, college senators and senators-at-large.

Stephen Bilas and Mary Katherine Kington are on one ticket for president and vice president, and Drake Staples and Mary Ellen Wimberly are on another.

Fifteen seats are available for senators-at-large, which are candidates who are general UK students and speak on behalf of the student body.

The college Senate spots consist of the following colleges: Agriculture, Arts & Sciences (two seats), Business and Economics, Communications and Information Studies, Dentistry, Design, Education, Engineering, Fine Arts, Graduate School (four seats), Health Sciences, Law (two seats), Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Social Work.

The elections will be 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. March 28 and 29 in the Student Center and White Hall Classroom Building. Any UK student can vote for the president and vice president, as well as the respective senators-at-large on each presidential candidate’s ticket.

In order to vote for a college senator, students must be enrolled in that specific college. For those who can’t make it to the polling locations, online voting is available at uksga.org.

Uncertified results will be announced at 8 p.m. March 29 on the Student Center Patio.